Laserfiche WebLink
Harry Kim OF N�.y Deanna S. Sako <br /> Mayor 5*. -+ Director <br /> Y \��l ilio '. <br /> '>e'os•Nr.P <br /> COUNTY CLERK <br /> Countof Hawalrl COUNTY OF xAWAI'I <br /> y11 RECEIVED <br /> Finance Department Time 11:S9 4IYI By <br /> 25 Aupuni Street,Suite 2103 • Hilo,Hawaii 96720 DEC 1 9 2018 <br /> (808)961-8234 • Fax(808)961-8569 Date <br /> December 19, 2018 <br /> Aaron Chung, Council Chair and <br /> Members of the Hawai`i County Council <br /> Hawai`i County Council <br /> 25 Aupuni Street <br /> Hilo, Hawai`i 96720 <br /> Re: Capital Budget <br /> May 3, 2018 marked the beginning of a lava flow spanning several months, causing severe <br /> damage throughout the County. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) is <br /> providing funds to be used for the repair of these damages. FEMA will cover 75% of the <br /> cost, with the remaining 25% of costs are to be provided by the County. <br /> Enclosed is a bill for an ordinance to add the project titled"2018 Lava Flow Projects" <br /> and to appropriate $ 32,995,500 to the Capital Budget for this project of which <br /> $ 24,746,625 is provided by FEMA and $ 8,248,875 by the County. We are requesting <br /> that this bill be waived from the Finance Committee and be placed on the January 9, 2019 <br /> Council Agenda in order to expedite the receipt of these funds. If there are any questions, <br /> please contact me at 961-8971. <br /> Deanna S. Sako <br /> Director of Finance <br /> Enc. <br /> <bat to <br /> comm. No. <br /> 41. <br /> Ref.To: COI(IN 1 ) <br /> Hawai'i County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Provider Ref. Dote DEC L,1 Z 18 <br />